Saturday, August 11, 2018

The First Half of 2018


Assalamualaikum.

Everything happens so fast in 2018, at least for me. Each month bring me new things, new experience and adventures to explore. It keeps changing, I have no idea how I have survived this far. 

January- I was helping my parents at their shop. I've been to Kuala Lumpur regularly for the past few months for interviews. I was constantly sitting in front of my laptop searching for jobs, scrolling down social media to find any advertisement about job vacancy.

I was in unstable state at that time. I tried not to compare myself with others, I know different people have different pace of life. But still, the pressure was there. 

February- I started working as a teaching assistant on Valentine Day. My time is more occupy than before, I started to inhale some air. I make new friends and developed teaching skill. Imma teacher, not bad huh? Yelah, for someone who dislike kids, it's quite amazing for me to be a teacher. 

March- Attended two of my best friends’ wedding and I was the bridesmaid for both of them. It was my first time witnessing akad nikah of someone close to me. I cried on both of their solemnization ceremony. Wishing them a happy marriage life. 

At the same time, I was reflecting myself. I was struggling to get a job while my friends already had enough money to get married and build a life. I guess this is the real peer pressure. Nevertheless, I know we're on different pace of life. I can't compare my chapter 4 with someone on their chapter 19. InsyaAllah, everything will come on the right time. 

April-Started working as a tutor at a tuition center. I changed my job because the pay was higher. I taught English, Malay, Science, Physics and Mathematics. The workloads were quite huge. I struggled to learn all chapters of the subjects for both primary and secondary school, for all levels. Can you imagine that?  

One thing that I learnt for sure, money can't give you ultimate happiness. Higher pay, higher responsibility. Eventho my pay was higher than before, I was unhappy. I had to work on weekend, I talked less with my family, I had less time to spend with my friends. I tried to deal with it, I keep repeating to myself 

"you won't grow doing the easy thing"
"what doesn't kill you make you stronger"

May- I was selected to join SL1M Program. You have no idea how happy I am. I waited for almost one damn year and alhamdulillah, SL1M program will give me platform to build my career. 

I have to say that May is one of the best month for 2018. I learnt a lot, I gained great experience and make a lot of new friends. The best part? I meet my Rooftop Gang and my roommates. They are the best part of 2018. 

June-Celebrating hari raya with le familia. After two years of raya at Japan, I appreciate raya celebration more than ever. During raya, Kak Ti and Chewy got engaged too. 

After raya, I started working at a manufacturing company (still in SL1M Program). Let's call it ST company. I were told that I'm gonna involve in product development which is more to R&D work. That's good enough for me. I can finally make use of my 4 years of study in engineering!

July-Still working at ST company. I've been studying the product, market and design. Currently drawing the 3D version of the product. Wish me luck!

August-I'm at new place again. This time, to the place that I've never been to except for interview. I got new job as an engineer at a manufacturing company. Alhamdulillah, took me a year to secure a job but the journey has been wonderful--with ups and downs.

I learnt a lot, most of them pushed me to the ground and yet make me stronger, wiser and better. I learnt that you'll never know what might comes to you in the future, so be nice with everyone. Above all--always have faith in Allah. Rezeki tu ada insyaAllah, don't give up. Never. Ever. Give. Up. Even when you think everything is impossible. 

Slowly but surely, insyaAllah. 



No comments:

Post a Comment