Sunday, July 22, 2018

Experience in SL1M Program

Assalamualaikum.

It's been two weeks or less since I completed my SL1M Management Trainee program.

It started when I saw the advertisement about the program, applied for it and did a phone call interview. Actually, I were asked to go to their headquarter but I was in the state of giving up and tired after attending countless interviews. So phone interview it is. They went into silent after that which made me thought that I failed the interview, again.

I don't want it to affect me too much so I decided to forget it. One day, I got a phone call informing me that I was selected to join SL1M program with Britay Asia under Khazanah Nasional Berhad. Alhamdulillah.

Tung tang tung tang, then I went to KL for the program. I started the SL1M program with a month soft skill training. We were given a hostel to stay. The place was new and comfortable, got elevator and a great view of Kuala Lumpur from the balcony. I was placed in a room with 6 beds so I got 5 roommates to tag along.

Roommates

I am very thankful because I have the best roommate during the program. We didn't have any issue, we get along really well.

We were happy and enjoyed living with each other. If I were given chance to change my roommates, I won't do it. I'll choose them over again.




Modules

During the whole month, we were being taught with various modules. The trainers were all experienced individuals who has been working in the industry for years.

I have to say that the two modules that I like the most were Global Executive Mindset (GEM) and Grooming.

In GEM, I learnt on how to stand out, how to deliver effective speech, how to make a pitch about myself and most importantly, to be confident, brave, bold and proactive.

In Grooming class, I learnt on how to represent myself as a worker, not as a student anymore. I learnt about the tips and tricks to look good and to communicate through what I wear.

With the trainer who taught us about grooming. I really like her.

Strike Forces

Strike Forces was the name created by my group members. We sat at the same table for almost every day during the whole month.

But seriously, this was the most boring group I've ever joined. They were all so passive. We barely talked to each other and rarely participated in any activity as a team.

I don't know how I can survive the whole month. Maybe because there were Noh, Nizam, Ezza and Moon.

Surprisingly, I kinda miss them when the program ended. It's like, we enjoyed with each other in silence. Weird right?



With Moon, she's always cheer us in the group.

Rooftop Gang

Now, THE BEST PART OF my journey during SL1M Program. I volunteered myself to be the committee member for graduation ceremony. I was thinking that it was one of the way for me to get to know peoples, to interact, to polish my leadership skills and improve myself in group work setting.  I was appointed to lead the performance group.

I was asked to make a short video displaying raya theme and give an insight about the program.

Alhamdulillah, a few peoples volunteered to help me and contribute for the performance. We had to shoot all scenes in a short time which required us to shoot until midnight.

Despite the stress and rush to get things done, we enjoyed ourselves the whole time. We were getting closer by days. We were suddenly being best friends.

During shooting. I worked for 'mom' character (explaining the makcik clothing)


Our first dinner outside of the hostel eating nasi arab.





My gang <3

Before going back to our hometown for hari raya Aidilfitri, we spent the rest of the nights hanging out on the rooftop. Yes, we have a spacious rooftop with amazing view of KLCC and other parts of Kuala Lumpur. That's why we called ourselves as Rooftop Gang.

We played guitar, sang songs together, ate and drank together, laying down and face the dark sky, and sometimes we just sat and scrolling down our social media, happily accompanied by the others. We shared the moments together.

It was really the best part of the program. At least to me.

********************

In short, that was the story. I faced trial too during this program, basically with the participants. Alhamdulillah, I successfully completed the 1 month training and currently undergo on job training at a manufacturing company in Damansara. 


BMT Class 33 & 34




No comments:

Post a Comment