Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I am part of history

Assalamualaikum.

General Election 14 was the most shocking, interesting and life-changing experience ever to me. I've never participated in GE before this as I was underage.

Now, I have registered as a legal voter and I was so excited to contribute to my country. It was so happening during the manifesto season. Each party delivered their manifesto and suddenly my twitter timeline became the information book about Malaysia. Everyone was talking about it, discussing, pointing out their opinions and some just throwing accusation and hatred. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my timeline ahahha.

Around the village, all parties started to built up their own place of territories. Some built something extraordinary from the flags such as helicopter and kereta kebal. Flags were everywhere, I can see blue, green, light blue, orange, red at buildings, tree, market and even at the cemetery, lol!

The night before election, I felt like celebrating hari raya. I don't know why but the feeling was there. Everyone kept posting tips and instruction on how to vote correctly. Mama even made a new baju kurung for election! She seems excited.

On election day, mama and papa woke up very early. Seriously, it was like hari raya. I was feeling nervous too, this is the first time I'm going to vote. What if I vote the wrong person? What if I as being stupid? What if my vote become invalid? All thoughts were running on my mind.

I went to a primary school to vote. I remember wearing bright pink baju kurung as I wanted to be traditional and bringing back the old day election vibe. Nina voted at the same place with me and she came straight from Shah Alam without brushing her teeth nor took a bath.


Right after voting.



I have to say that the most exciting moment was when waiting for the results to come out. I kept myself updated to the results in twitter, online website and whatsapp. All channel were discussing on the election too. Papa and I waited patiently for the results.

Surprisingly, the results came out very late. It was already passed midnight and that was really disturbing. Peoples starting speculation everywhere and the opposition looks like they're winning strongly.

At 3 am, Dr Mahathir finally claimed victory over GE14. 93 years old Tun M, making jokes and cheering everyone. Beating the never-lost BN who has won for 60 years. Pakatan Harapan finally won Malaysia and became the government. Malacca, Perak, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Selangor Johor and Negeri Sembilan won by PH. It was shocking.What a time to be alive. I really want to remember that feeling again.

"We are not seeking revenge. We want to restore the rule of law"-Tun M

"Rakyat Malaysia sudah bersuara. Dan suara rakyat adalah keramat. Selamat maju jaya, Malaysia dan terima kasih kepada semua pengundi kerana melaksanakan tanggungjawab kepada negara"-KJ

10 May 2018. History is made. And I can gladly said I was there as the greatest history happened at my beloved Malaysia. I am part of the history. The government changed from Barisan Nasional to Pakatan Harapan. The youth prove their power to change the nation.

On 11 May 2018, at 9pm, Tun M sworn in as the 7th Prime Minister of Malaysia, again. The 4th and 7th PM is the same person, can you believe it?! The oldest PM in the world history, and I must say, the wisest and strongest. I am so proud!

Now, it's already days of PH ruling days.

I want to remember GE14. That's why I wrote it here.

Proud to be Malaysian <3


No comments:

Post a Comment