Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Special Birthday Date


Assalamualaikum.

It’s already September which means August has passed. This also means my birthday has passed. This year, I celebrated my birthday at Malacca.

I asked F to come over during my birthday because I didn’t want to be alone. I just moved to Malacca and I can’t possibly find anyone to go out with me on that day. He came a day before my birthday.

While waiting for F, I went for a walk by myself at the heart of Bandar Hilir. I walked by the river, pass across the small coffee shop, bar and mural arts. It was scorching hot on that day, so I didn’t plan to walk too much as I’m afraid I’ll be left with no energy to walk with F later. I stopped at a small café, knowing this place has good reviews on the internet.




Unfortunately, I was an hour earlier than their operating hour so I had to wait at the table. The waiter was kind enough to let me order a drink. The refreshing cold drink was later followed by a hearty meal of Thai style spaghetti. I don’t know if I was too hungry or the spaghetti was really flavourful, but I really enjoyed my lunch.




When he arrived, it’s already dark. We went for a walk through Jonker Street. We walked and walked, sometimes stopped by at stall selling cute souvenirs. Tbh, sama je macam pasar malam biasa tapi ada banyak makanan for Chinese. Bau memang mengancam dan nampak sedap tapi ragu-ragu pulak nak beli. I bought aiskrim goyang perisa mango je satu for RM1.



F was starving, he didn’t eat anything since afternoon so we went to River Cruise, looking for a café to have dinner. I suggested F to eat at the café where I had my lunch earlier.  Being an easy man, he agreed and made an order of their chicken chop if I’m not mistaken.  Sadly their service was slow and the chicken was quite hard.

F excused himself to smoke for a while. I waited for him at the table and make a phone call to my family. Out of nowhere, F came to surprise me with a slice of cake. He was not a man yang akan buat surprise or sweet, so when he did, it felt special. Thank you.





The next day we just walked around the city, visiting as much museums as we can, enjoying the culture, architecture and history. We took a lot of photos, had a good lunch with good view and walked again. By the evening, we went to a small coffee shop where he bought my birthday cake last night. We sat at the corner of the shop, had a slice of pandan gula Melaka cake, pavlova and coffee.






















After that, we had to bid goodbye and go our ways. I had a really special and fun birthday with him this year. I also got quite a few kind and beautiful birthday wishes. Thank you everyone.










Alhamdulillah for everything. Couldn't ask for more, am very grateful for all I had in the 24 years of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment